Today, April 14, 2009, from 8:30 to 10:00 am, at the National Press Club in Washington, DC, Physicians for Human Rights and the Nobel Women’s Initiative hold a breakfast panel discussion featuring some of the leading experts on Sudan. The panel includes PHR’s own Karen Hirschfeld, Darfur Survival Campaign Director.
- Jody Williams – recipient of the 1997 Nobel Peace Prize (host)
- Nadia Bilbassy – Charters, Bureau Chief, Middle East Broadcast Corporation (MBC) (facilitator)
- Karen Hirschfeld – Sudan Campaign Director, Physicians for Human Rights (panelist)
- Emira Woods – Co-Director of Foreign Policy In Focus, Institute for Policy Studies (panelist)
- Carla Koppell – Director, Institute for Inclusive Security (panelist)